18 March 2010

peanut nirvana

There is nothing better than opening a new jar of peanut butter to gaze soulfully on the creamy brown goodness swirled crisply therein while gently piercing the smooth surface with sparkling silver knife and spreading it smoothly onto a freshly baked piece of warm homemade bread.
 
Unless you're allergic to peanuts.
 
Then it's probably more like opening a jar filled with a horribly grisly death waiting to seize your throat in the perpetual grip of doom while futile attempts to gasp for all-precious air weaken as an eerie silence settles upon the room.
 
So there probably is something better than a new jar of peanut butter.

2 comments:

Ethan said...

Your best post yet. Although I prefer a spoon for the first penetration.

Jen said...

I had never thought of it as that way...and congratulations on making me laugh so hard I nearly wet myself ROFL

I second the spoon method