16 August 2013

dangerous walking

My company missed the memo that says motorcycle parking is always close to the door so when I ride the motorcycle in to work, I get to park at the very back of the parking lot.  That, in and of itself, is a lot of fun but but even more fun is the fact that sometimes I forget how long the parking lot is and on my way out of the office I put on my helmet about 10 yards out the front guard shack.  If I were parked where normal motorcycle parking is, I would be putting on my helmet just as I got to my parking space.
 
But I'm not.
 
Which means I get to wear a helmet as I walk the remaining 137 yards to where my bike is parked.  I like to pretend that wearing the helmet makes me safer because we have an extraordinarily dangerous parking lot, as though out of nowhere light posts could fall on my head or I could fall into a sinkhole or a maniacal disgruntled employee will try to run me down and only by wearing a helmet will I be safe.  But really it's no more dangerous than any other parking lot and probably even safer than most.  So I just look like a dork.
 
As a note: riding a motorcycle is not nearly as cool when you look like a dork.
 
As another note: this blog entry is not about poop.  You're welcome, Christen.

1 comment:

Christen and Ian said...

Hahahha, Thanks Justin :) Much appreciated! And sorry your motorcycle makes you look like a dork, it could happen to anyone...who works at an office with a backwards parking lot :)