12 October 2011

happy birthday

Dear iAn,
 
Happy birthday. I hope that it is filled with much joy and not so much sorrow and that all your dreams may come true except the wholly inappropriate ones that involve gerbils, glue, and a crowbar.  But it is your birthday so if you really want those dreams to come true, I guess that would be okay.  But only today.  After today those dreams coming true will just lead to the painful feeling arising from the consciousness of having done something dishonorable, improper, ridiculous, etcetera otherwise known as 'shame' which is pretty significantly different than a person who acts as intermediary between the natural and supernatural worlds, using magic to cure illness, foretell the future, control spiritual forces, etcetera otherwise known as 'shaman' even though they are pretty close to each other spelling-wise.
 
Speaking of spelling, my auto-correct auto-corrects 'i snot' to 'is not'. Given the number of times I type 'I snot', it's kind of frustrating.  I'm sure you understand.
 
Love-even-though-you-peed-on-my-head-while-I-was-sleeping-on-your-bedroom-floor,
 
Justin

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I am not even going to try to understand all of this.... but thanks for blogging!