21 May 2010

incorrect wording

I recently read an article about lab mice and how through years of inbreeding one has the capability of (basically) choosing exactly what kind of traits they would like exhibited in their lab mice.  The article mentioned that the researcher who began this heroic effort, Dr. Little, received the Coley Award but stated that the Coley Award was an award given to those who oversaw the upkeep of lab mice.  Before I derisively disparaged such an obviously awesome award, I decided to make sure that the award was indeed given to those taking care of lab mice.  Good thing I did - the award is actually given to "one or more scientists for outstanding achievements in the field of basic immunology and cancer immunology."  Boy would I have looked like an idiot.
 
Instead, I'll just wonder if they're going to make up an award for inbreeding people from the south.  They could call it the Kin-breeding Award.  They're probably not going to.
 
Also, I thought my little play on words (kin-breeding vs in-breeding) was pure comedic genius.  I'm still giggling.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

As am I Justin. As am I.