20 August 2012

soul glue

The other day I pulled out a rather obtrusive nose hair.  This was not an ordinary nose hair, for this particular nose hair was the single most important cellular structure on my entire body.  This particular nose hair was the very essence of my entire being.  As soon as I jerked it out, my soul fell apart.  Pain beyond that of even the worst toe cramp immediately shot through every fiber of my body.  Tears began streaming down my face.  I started sneezing uncontrollably over and over.  Involuntary shudders caused my arms and hands to quake.  My knees began to buckle and I grasped at the sink for support.  I saw the brilliant light of sweet release coming closer and closer.  The angelic voices of Heaven's host sang sweetly their beckoning song of welcome.
I had found my foundation; my cornerstone.  And then ripped it carelessly from the caverns of my nostril.
I should have just braided it in with the rest of them.

3 comments:

Kay said...

It hurts like blazes to pull a nose hair...next time use the scissors and cut the silly thing. :)

Charity said...

Better yet, they make nose hair clippers. Perhaps you could invest in some of those.

Teresa said...

Funny that you should post this the very week that Jesse had a team-building activity at the corporate office: pedicures and nose-hair waxing. We definitely need to post a picture of him with a waxed popsicle stick stuck up his nose!